Restorative Training TBA
Psoas Release TBA
Yoga Nidra Training
Perhaps in 2021, you committed to learning something new? It’s never too late.
Maybe you’ve always wondered about the fundamentals of yoga, and wanted to understand how FAEE – Foundation, Alignment, Engagement, and Eyes (Dristi) impact your practice, on and off your yoga mat?
Now is a great time to learn.
Or maybe you want to become certified to teach Gentle or Level 1 yoga classes?
We’ve got you covered.
This certification course provides a safe learning environment to grow in your understanding of yoga fundamentals. It also provides an opportunity to dive deeper into your Level 1 yoga practice and will prepare you to teach Level 1 & Gentle yoga classes in a gym, fitness center, community center, or school environment if you are interested in teaching. Successful completion will earn you a Fitness Yoga Instructor Certification (FYI).
What are you waiting for?!
- Introduction to Yoga theory, history, and philosophy
- Applied yoga anatomy from an athletic perspective
- Understanding of yoga terminology
- Instruction in construction and articulation of Gentle & Level 1 postures
- Basic class design and messaging
- Marketing and promoting your class
Training delivered in both Zoom and In-person format making this training efficient and cost effective!
Investment – $975
Payment arrangements are available as coordinated with the trainer. Discounts are offered for existing teachers and you may repeat this yoga training for 50% off.
Learning Objectives of FYI training: To equip students to teach foundational yoga from a fitness perspective, and to teach with confidence to the athletic community through the use of applied anatomy.
Laying the Foundation
Webinar Sessions via Zoom
Tuesday’s Nov. 2, 9 & 16 6-9pm
Yoga History & Philosophy
The Importance of Personal Practice
Fundamentals of Teaching:
- Articulation of Poses – Finding our Teaching Voice
Basics of Yoga Breathing
Class Design & Sequencing – creating a yoga experience
The Business of Teaching Yoga
In Person Training Weekend
Friday Nov. 26 (5 – 8 pm)
Saturday Nov. 27 (8 am – 5 pm)
Sunday Nov. 28 (8 am – 1 pm)
Construction and articulation of Gentle & Level 1 postures
Review of sequencing and class design
Practice Teaching to peers
Yoga for Athletes
Webinar Sessions via Zoom
Tuesday’s Nov. 23, 30 & Dec. 7, 14 – 6-9 pm
In these sessions you will learn:
- How does yoga fit into an athlete’s training program whether competitive or recreational?
- To look at anatomy through the lens of an Athlete.
- How a yoga practice is a tool to complement the student’s sports and athletic experience.
- How to design Fitness Yoga classes that bring balance and symmetry to the body and are an integrated approach to strength, flexibility and focus.
Final Practice Teach
Saturday Jan. 8th 2022 Times to be announce
Each trainee will present a 45-minute Fitness Yoga class as part of their requirements for certification. The class may take place in person or arrangements can be made for the evaluation of the class via Zoom.