FYI – Fitness Yoga Instructor Certification
Learning Objectives of FYI training: To equip students to teach foundational yoga from a fitness perspective, and to teach with confidence to the athletic community through the use of applied anatomy.
Module 1: Laying the Foundation
($375.00 includes Manual)
The first Module of the FYI certification will literally Lay the Foundation that the students will need to become confident and effective yoga instructors.
- Yoga History & Philosophy
- The Importance of Personal Practice
- Fundamentals of Teaching: Atmosphere, Safety, Articulation of Poses (Finding our Teaching Voice), Technique
- Level 1 Pose Construction
Module 2: Expanding the Base
($375.00 includes Manual)
The second Module of the FYI certification will build on the base of knowledge and understanding that the student acquires in Module 1.
- Elements of a Class
- Class Description
- Sequencing: Creating a specific experience
- Student Teaching – our intention is to keep our training groups small so that all students have adequate time to practice teaching and to develop confidence as they instruct within the scope of:
Foundational Fitness Yoga.
Module 3: Yoga for Athletes
($375.00 includes Manual )
This module is also available as a standalone weekend training for existing yoga instructors.
- Applies the practice of yoga to an athlete’s anatomy, the yoga practice is a tool to complement the student’s sports and athletic experience.
- A yoga practice designed around the specific issues of an athlete which brings balance and symmetry to their bodies–builds awareness and is an integrated approach to strength, flexibility and focus.
- Learn how yoga fits into an athlete’s training program whether competitive or recreational
- CEC’s (SPRA & Yoga Alliance) available for currently qualified yoga instructors.
** No prerequisite is required for Module 1; the FYI certificate will be received upon completion of all 3 modules as well as a presentation of a Level 1 fitness yoga class. For your information - the FYI certification has been approved as a fitness yoga designation by SPRA (Saskatchewan Parks and Recreation Association) and qualifies for 12 CEC's. For information on SPRA fitness certification and CEC’s visit: SPRA
Module 1 – Laying the Foundation
Module 2 – Expanding the Base
Module 3 – Yoga for Athletes
Location: Saskatoon, SK.
A Training Partnership Begins!
200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training
Designed for those who want to deepen their yoga knowledge and practice, strengthen and deepen their spiritual connection, our 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training is perfect for students and future teachers alike.
Our program leads to several different certifications including a Christ-Centered or Inspirational designation.
Training consists of five modules in total, each focusing on different elements of yoga teacher development.
Our program is available to anyone, anywhere in the world. Modules 1, 3, and 4 are done online via Zoom and can be done live or by recording. Modules 2 and 5 are in-person Yoga Camps offered at three Training Centers so you can go where is most convenient for you.